An artist, designer & creative. Mama of two wonderful and wild kids.
Here is what I’ve been working on recently
- I’m going the Frankfurt book fair in October and have been preparing my children’s book illustration portfolio. If you are a publisher, let’s meet at the fair in Frankfurt!
- In June, I designed a set of 2 editorial pieces for MATS Editorial (Make Art That Sells class by agent Lilla Rogers)
- My Wabi Sabi illustration is featured in the current UPPERCASE magazine’s issue #42 in the article on Beth Kempton’s book
- I painted a floral window for MILK Concept store Munich
- 2019 is my year of growth: I am taking MATS’s “My Year of Art School” that includes 11 classes and an amazing international community of creatives to grow my knowledge and portfolio in fields ranging from Editorial to Home Decor
“I believe in following my own path, my passions and my heart, in setting the rules that allow me to grow and thrive as an artist: keep learning, explore new paths, grow through practice, work hard, and share generously.”
Wer freut sich auf dich?
Wer steckt dahinter?
Coming from a fine arts background with studies in painting, sculpture and digital art, my journey took me from Maastricht in the Netherlands via Konstfack in Stockholm, Sweden, the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in The Hague, NL, for my BFA, and then to New York University, where I earned a Master of Arts degree. I then spent a couple of years working digitally as a designer and art director, mostly doing web design and ID for big name agencies in NYC.
After a move back to Europe and more years of digital work, my desire to combine on-screen with off-screen work, grew, and I created my one-of-a-kind indígena jewelry that has grown to sell online and in several boutiques across Germany.
In the past years, the pull to work even more using my hands again grew stronger, and I immersed myself in drawing and painting.
It is the kind of work that I have always been most passionate about, but it’s enriched with the wealth of knowledge and experience that I have gathered across the fields of art and design over the years.
I now love:
- illustrating on paper with watercolors, inks and gouache, obsessing about details and composition.
- the challenge of working BIG on shop windows and murals, using generous brushstrokes and bold colors.
- pouring my heart and soul into children’s books illustrations and make stories come to life with my art.
- exploring surface pattern and stationery designs with lush watercolor florals.